The Big Idaho Potato Truck is on its SIXTH cross-country journey! It began in 2012 as a one-year campaign to celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the Idaho Potato Commission and became quickly apparent with it’s success that it would be more than a one-year occurrence, it literally became a big piece of pop-culture. It travels the country promoting the certified heart-healthy Idaho Potato and its mission to help small charities in towns and cities with its A Big Helping program. Not to mention that people just want to have their picture taken with a 6-Ton Idaho potato!
Trivia: This Tater…
- would take over 10,000 years to grow.
- weighs 6 tons (12,130 pounds), equalling 32,346 medium-sized Idaho® potatoes
- is 1,102 times heavier than the largest potato ever grown, which weighed 11 pounds.
- would take 2 years and 9 months to bake.
- would make 30,325 servings of mashed potatoes. Pass the gravy!
- would easily make over 1,500,000 average-sized french fries.
KENWORTH SALES COMPANY/PACLEASE